Tuesday, April 23, 2024

My First Ever Industrial Visit and First Ever Final Year Project

 Greetings All,

As you might have known by now that I am a qualified engineer having my BE in Mechatronics Engineering from Karachi, Pakistan and MSc in Aerospace Engineering from UK . 

Today I am sharing some of the moments from my first ever industrial trip during my Mechatronics Engineering Degree. For this trip we went to Pakistan Steel Mill information  about the mill is available in the link attached.

Sharing some Graphics which I captured during my Visit.








Now coming to my Final year project of BE Mechatronics Engineering which was made almost a decade ago in Pakistan, And Since the steel mill process  the metal manufacturing in the conventional way , We as a group of four members created as Furnace which melts metal using microwave energy . Now in simple words microwaves process the metal melting fast and in a more economical way. And if we compare our project with the conventional method of metal melting , Our system is cost efficient and uses less power resources and reduces the processing time to about 80 %.
Now as we place a piece of metal in the microwave it reflects the waves back to the gun(Magnetron) which is the main source of producing microwaves causing the sparks and damaging the Magnetron.
And to over come this issue we tested different material such as graphite and insulation bricks and many others and created a furnace of the selected material for melting metal.
sharing the pictures of the prototype we created for metal melting






Not only we successfully created the prototype but also our project was presented at a conference held in Venice (Italy) back in 2014.


Remember Believe in yourself and you can adhere success and also team work creates the dream work and lastly its never to late to follow your passion. 
 
Signing off for the time being,
Sumbul 


No comments:

We all are Worthy in our own Way

 Greetings All, It's been long since I posted but here I am back again sharing.  As they say life is to be lived and each moment is to b...